Many are the times that I forget to pray, yes, you read that right. I wake up late and have to do everything in a hurry and keep in mind that “everything” here excludes prayer. I mean, going to the bathroom, ironing, breakfast and then board public transportation to my destination.
When the day is finally done, I just think of getting to bed and resting from the tiredness of the day’s hustles.
This is not right at all. The day should begin with a word of prayer. Thanking God for yet another beautiful brand new morning in my life should not be really such a hard task. It takes only a few minutes. After all, God did not forget to wake me up so why should I forget to talk to Him just to thank Him for waking me up?
There are many people who might want to be in a position to thank God but the many challenges in life do not allow them. Some die before they wake. I have learnt that prayer is such a powerful thing, it does move mountains. Whenever I see another beautiful day, I thank God for it and ask Him to guide me in the day’s chores. Fine we may make our plans, but God usually has the final word. It is therefore important to involve God in your plans so that He can guide you. One way of involving Him is talking to Him in prayer because that is one way we converse with Him. He listens to and answers us. God knows what we want from Him and it is good if we ask Him anyway because He wants to listen to us.
Remember to set aside time in your busy schedules just to whisper a prayer to our Almighty God, He listens and answers!!!
Prayer should be done as natural as breathing.
No comments:
Post a Comment