These are two common words that we are urged to practice every single day of our lives. The thing is, it is not always easy to do just that. Forgiving for some may go well but forgetting? I am yet to meet someone who totally forgave and forgot.
Many are the times when someone wrongs us to an extent that forgiving them is a problem let alone forgetting the wrong they did to us!!!
If only I had a heart like that of Jesus, despite the fact that He was bitten thoroughly and despised, rejected, and yet He forgave them all. To make it best, He forgot all that had been done to Him and he even wrote the names of those who later repented of those sins in the book of life.
Now being the human being I am, (Thank God Jesus is no human), I might have not forgiven those people. Truth be told, spending my eternity with people who rejected, despised me? Hell no.
I often remember the wrongs everyone did to me whenever I meet those people. They wronged me once, twice or even more times. The thing is, whenever I see them, I see the wrong they did to me. I could have forgiven them but forgetting is a tough thing to do. Wish I could remember all the answers in an examination like the way I remember all the wrong deeds ever done to me!
I always find encouragement through the Bible, my favorite book ever! Isn’t it amazing how the Bible has all the answers we are always looking for? Thank God for speaking to us though it.
The Bible tells us in Philippians 3:13 “Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it but one thing I do, forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead.” And someone say AMEN to that…I just did.
If you have any difficulties forgiving anyone who wronged you today or even forgetting the wrong they did, remember Matthew 18:22 is real. Jesus tells us, “I tell you, not seven times but seventy seven times.”
Have you forgiven the same person seventy seven times today? You will be amazed at the turn of events.
No comments:
Post a Comment