I am privileged to go by this name. I do not have the slightest idea why my mother called me this. I can guess that it is because she is a woman of faith herself or because she had a lot of faith in me or she was sure I would one day grow to a woman of faith. Whatever the case, I am glad she did call me FAITH. The word Faith appears four hundred and twenty two times in the New International Version Bible, five hundred and nine times in the Amplified Version and three thirty six times in the King James Version. Faith is not just a noun, but Biblically, it is a verb. It refers to the act of believing. According to Hebrews 11: 1, Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
The whole of Hebrews 11 basically talks of great people in the Bible who had great faith. Talk of Abel, Enoch, Abraham, Noah, Isaac, Joseph, Jacob. Not only did the men in the Bible have faith but also women such as Rahab who was a prostitute but was welcomed by the spies due to her faith. Sarah gave birth to Isaac due to her faith in God. We all believe these people really existed by faith.
This makes me think a lot. If all these people had faith what about me who goes by that name? Do I have enough faith? Can I tell a mountain to move and can it obey me? As a Christian, I live each day by faith. I do not know what tomorrow will bring. Despite this, I go to bed every night with great plans for the next day. I do this having faith that I will sure wake up and accomplish those plans.
The universe is in existence and as Christians we do believe that it was God who spoke and everything came into place. Is not all this because of faith? We sure did not see God doing all that but because of our Christian teachings, we can always explain to generations and generations how the universe came into being.
Every human being practices a certain faith. After reading the book “ Make today count” by John. C. Maxwell, he quotes Author John Bisagno who had his view of faith. According to him, (John Bisagno), faith is at the heart of life. You go to a doctor whose name you cannot pronounce, he gives you a prescription you cannot read, you take it to a pharmacist you have never seen, he gives you medicine you do not understand yet you take it.
You do all these believing you will get well. This is what faith is all about, believing. This explains why every human being on earth has a certain faith. You are either a Christian, who believes in the existence of the one true God, an atheist who has faith there is no god, a Muslim who believes in Allah with Mohammed being His prophet, a Buddhist who believes in the power of karma or actions based on desire, a Hindu who believes in the act of reincarnation, or just a pagan, who has faith in being religion less. Whatever the case, we are all people who possess a certain faith.
As a Christian, I chose to believe in God almighty and in His Holy Son Jesus Christ in the year two thousand and three. I embraced Him as my personal Lord and savior. Since then, my life has never been the same. I know for sure that if life troubles me, I can always run to Jesus and He shall embrace me. No matter what the world has against me, Jesus will always be there for me. He died on the cross to save a lost person like me. I have all the reasons for accepting Him into my life. There is nothing as sweet as fellowshipping with Jesus.
A story is told of a man who was driving his convertible on a mountain road. He quickly took an unexpected turn. His car fell but he managed to grab a sprouting tree and saw his car dropping thousands of feet below.
“Help” he screamed. “Can anyone hear me?” he only heard his own echo.
“God, can you hear me?” he cried
Suddenly, the clouds rolled together and a voice like thunder said, “Yes, I can hear you”.
“Will you help me?”
“Yes, I will help you, do you trust in me?”
“Yes, I trust in you, please hurry”
“If you trust in me, let go of that tree,” the voice thundered.
After a long silence, the man replied, “Can anyone else hear me?”
Where does your faith lie today?
Have a faithful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment