Tuesday, 28 June 2011

Looking up to God.

Many are the times I have woken up feeling like there was no reason at all for me to have woken up on that day. I feel so useless before God and I keep questioning myself. The good thing is that Jesus never promised us a smooth life. He underwent temptations Himself and if Jesus, who is so holy, could be tempted what about a great sinner like I?
Things sometimes happen in my life that make me feel so low. It could be a misunderstanding with some one I truly love and cherish with all my heart, a friend, neighbor or colleague. The misunderstandings can make me feel so low to the extent that I get a severe headache and even end up nose bleeding. Someone can spread a false rumor about you and can make you feel at your lowest levels. Friends sometimes betray us. Relationships are sometimes broken, after we have invested so much time and even money into it. Whatever the case, at least every person feels at his or her lowest moment in this journey of life.
The greatest encouragement whenever we feel down is that we can always look up to God. When we look up and focus on God, something good happens. We get our eyes off ourselves and gain a new appreciation of Him.
Life can seem unbearable at times, but do not let it keep you down. Meditate on God’s goodness, talk to Him and know that He hears you (Psalm 6:9). That will give you the strength to get up when you are feeling down.
The next time you are down, look up to God.
He is sovereign (Psalm 47:8).
He loves you (1 John 4:9-10).
He considers you special (Matthew 6:26).
He has a purpose for your trials. (James 1:2-4).
When life knocks you to your knees, you are in a good position to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment