Tuesday, 1 November 2011

My love for teddy bears.


I have decided to drift a little today and talk about something I really love, TEDDY BEARS! One of the greatest inventions by man is the teddy bears (I think). Ever since I was a little girl, mama bought me one as a play toy. My love for teddy bears has been growing since then. 


They maybe lifeless creatures but there is something about them that cannot be put into words. They express emotions such as pity, love with the ones that have the love shape. No wonder men prefer giving their girls teddy bears as gifts and especially during valentines. Sorry if you are a lady and your man has never done that, not to worry this message will reach them and they will react. 


The history of teddy bears date back to the time of Theodore Roosevelt (the 26th president of U.S.A). It was in 1902 when he was helping settle a dispute between Mississippi and Louisiana. He came across a wounded bear and ordered its mercy killing. Morris Michtom’s wife made toys for sale. Michtom sent the then president and asked if he could use his name TEDDY as the bear’s name. From then on, teddy bears were manufactured in large numbers and am glad I got to own quite a number of them.

They provide some sense of protection that is why I sleep beside one at night and they also give a sense of pity. 


If you are thinking of sending someone a gift, I suggest a teddy bear it will do wonders!

 

Have a teddy bear hug day, won’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment