Friday, 4 November 2011

Proud to be Kenyan!

I am yet to buy my own car. I am the daughter of a daddy who owns cattle in a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10). He shall supply all my needs according to His reaches in glory (Philippians 4:19).
The only problem is, I wonder where exactly in Nairobi –Kenya will I drive my car? Every single weekday, you wake up very early in the morning, board a matatu to work and you still arrive very late. This is all thanks to the “TRAFFIC JAM”. 


If only the Public Service vehicle drivers could obey the traffic rules, then maybe accidents, and the jam would be less. For their sake, red means stop to the drivers and green means go. Just do that when the traffic lights indicate so. You always find them doing the opposite hence the numerous accidents that have been happening on our roads claiming many lives.


I respect the Public Service Vehicle Drivers; they usually take me to where I ought to be. What I do not understand is why they always feel that the road belongs to them and them alone. It is a high time they realized there are other road users as well. They believe traffic rules are there to be broken. When an accident occurs, it is always the other driver’s fault and not theirs leave alone the fact that it is so obvious the mistake was theirs. 
Kenya is among the most corrupt countries in the world. I am still proud to be a Kenyan though. The policemen do not arrest these drivers but take bribes. Sometimes the vehicle does not have any mistake but they give out bribes anyway. 

 

No wonder accidents are happening and several places in the Kenyan roads have been marked as black spots.
It is a high time the Public Service Vehicles realized there are other road users. They should respect them knowing they also have a right to use the roads. 


This way the Millennium Development Goals cannot only be a dream but a reality, as well as vision twenty thirty.

Drive safely.


No comments:

Post a Comment