Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Today’s world.


Talk of the 21st Century! My! My! My! I am sure If my grandpa (God rest his soul in eternal peace, Amen) woke up today, he will be surprised, yes surprised at the events of the current world.
I thank God however that by His grace, I am alive in the 21st Century. I have experienced first hand technology. Talk of the Internet where I can get any information I want just at the click of the mouse. With the existence of search engines such as Google not to mention Yahoo, you can access any kind of information any time. I can connect with people in any part of the world with the existence of social network sites such as Twitter, Face book (thanks to Mark Elliot Zuckerberg), Hi5, My space just to mention a few.
Don’t we all love this kind of life? We have become rather dormant and let technology have its way. I am not against technology, as a matter of fact, I have embraced technology with all of my heart.
How microwaves helps us to warm the food taken directly from the refrigerator that helps us preserve the food instead of using the old ways such as smoking and salting.
How we love to sit on the comfort of our couches and use a remote control to switch channels!
In the past, sex before marriage was a taboo, nowadays, it is the order of the day (God forgive His people). Relationships are based on the fact that if you love me, you have to prove it to me (by sleeping with me). This is regardless of many consequences such as Sexually Transmitted Diseases let alone unwanted pregnancies. Abortion is a word on the lips of many. Why kill an innocent child?
What is happening to today’s world? Drinking, smoking, drugs and even clubbing at night when people should be asleep is part of the youth’s lives. If you are not in this trend, then you are definitely “outdated”. This is according to the majority. Who said you always have to move with the crowd? Even if it is easier to move with the current rather than against it, I’d rather struggle and move against. After all it is very possible to do so.
I am living in the 21st century but I am not living the 21st Century.
Call me shady, outdated or whatever adjective but I am glad today I have chosen a path free from drinking alcohol, smoking, drugs, partying you name it.
I choose to live for Christ Jesus; He is my Lord, A Shepherd whom I shall not want. He will guide me beside still waters and will prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
After all, I will one day be accountable for my actions.

Choose today whom you will serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment