Funny how in my teenage years, I used to “be in love” with most male celebrities. Little did I know what was really the meaning of being in love. Whenever I watched a movie and took a look at the masculinity, looks and actions of the male movie stars, I would want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with them… Funny, is it or isn’t it? Oh my, I look back into those years and I cannot help but laugh at myself. What on earth was I thinking?
Enough of my being very honest with my teenage dreams. Now in my early twenties, I still wonder what someone means when they come to me and tell me that they love me. So what is love? Fine, we love our parents, siblings, spouses, girl/boy friends, neighbors, colleagues and even ourselves. Love has often been misunderstood. A girl might think that a certain boy loves her while in the real sense he lusts her. That is a topic for another day.
Today let us have a look at the Biblical kind of love. In 1 Corinthians 13, we get a very clear picture of the godly kind of love. In verse 4-8 to we are told that the kind of love that Christians should practice should be one that is kind, patient, does not envy, does not boast, is not proud, is not rude, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, keeps no record f wrong doings, does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. This kind of love is one that always protects, trusts, hopes, perseveres, and never fails.
This will enable you see if you really love or not.
Vernon Grounds, a former writer of our daily bread and has been married for over 70 years shares these on how to grow in love:
“As Christ’s love grows in us, His love flows from us.”
No comments:
Post a Comment