Thursday, 12 April 2012

Thanks!!!

I recently got a “Thank you” card from a very close friend of mine. She placed in on my bed in campus because she wanted it to be a surprise. The moment I saw the card on my bed, I was eager to know what was written in it and who it was from.
I was overwhelmed with joy when I saw what it was and from whom…
She was basically thanking me because of being her close friend and for being there for her all through. I imagine the reaction some get when they are thanked for a deed no matter how small. You could be in an office and your boss comes to thank you for a job well done or a neighbor, friend, stranger thanks you for a certain deed. Personally when someone comes back to thank me, I am usually obliged to do them more good. My heart feels like I should continually do well unto them as they can always appreciate.
When my friend sent me the thank you note, our friendship grew even closer. Not that we were not so close before but that small deed of appreciation made us realize how important we were to each other and how much we needed that friendship.
Everybody loves to be thanked, even our God. Our heavenly father loves to be appreciated. It is His will that we tell Him “thank you”. Paul, in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (N.I.V) tells us to “ Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” The writer of Hebrews took it a step further by saying, “Let us be thankful, and so worship God.” (Hebrews 12:28)
Keep looking for ways to improve your relationship with God. Do not forget what may be the most basic way to worship and honor Him, tell Him “Thanks”.

“The worship most acceptable to God comes from a thankful heart”.

Psalm 105:1 “Oh, give thanks to the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment