Monday, 4 July 2011

Time


I have always thought that the most interesting of God’s creation is time. Ever since time was created, it kept going and has never stopped. God in Hid transcendent nature created time and commanded it to move and since then, it has never stopped moving. 






It is basically time that separated day from night since the beginning. This makes me realize time is very important and very essential in life. Imagine if there was no time, then there would never be day or night. 




There would never be seasons, no seconds, minutes, hours, days, months and even years. I have stopped imagining but I can only thank God for creating time, as this is what has separated eras in history. 

 
We are told of the creation story in the Bible, to the time Adam and Eve and various generations came into being. This includes Jesus’ birth to his death and resurrection and finally ascension. We are told that there will come a time when He will come to take us to the place He went to prepare specifically for us. 


Time is therefore very valuable; in fact, it is the most valuable coin in life. I and I alone will determine how that coin will be spent. I will be very careful that I do not let other people spend it for me.
God has gifted us with this very valuable thing called time. From the moment we were conceived in our mother’s wombs to the time we will die, time is all that takes care of what we go through. 

 

Whatever we do in this lifespan is all determined by time. There is a time to be born, to join pre-school, to graduate from the university, to marry and have your own family and finally you will die. 


The thing is, you will leave generations behind you doing what is the in thing in that generation. 
Am sure if my grandfather were to come back to life today, (God rest his soul in eternal peace,) he will be surprised at the way things have changed. During his time there were no social network sites, the infrastructure was not even close to what we have today and all these is just a matter of time. 


Am sure in the coming years, social networking will be a thing of the past and all the tastes, fashions and preferences will be gone or will be redefined. Nothing lasts forever, as the late Sidney Sheldon, a renowned book author once wrote.
My greatest possession is the twenty-four hours I have directly ahead of me. How will I spent it? Will I give in to pressure or focus on my priorities?

It is upon each one of us to decide how we will spent the time God has given unto us. If you do not decide how your day will be spent, some one else will.

Incase you have not decided how you will spent your time; decide today.

“We spend priority time with problem people when we should be spending it with potential people.” Waylon Moore.
To show that you truly value eternity, make good use of your time here on earth.
                            

Have a blessed time, won’t you?

No comments:

Post a Comment