One of the worst experiences I
can always recall is the visit to the dentist. The thought of visiting one
always sends chills down my spine. As a young child, whenever I had tooth decay
I would always hide my pain just to avoid being taken to the dentist!!! Fear,
fear, fear, how I hate that word as much as I hate visiting the dentist!
Worse was the experience when two
or more teeth had to be worked on. As much as I hated all dentists, I was
always happy with the outcome of the visit to them. They work on my teeth and
once the pain is all gone and I can smile again, I feel like going back to them
to say thanks.
It is a necessity to visit the
dentist at least for the well being of out teeth. They are amazing people
because they ensure that our teeth are good enough to digest food since
digestion first occurs in the mouth with the chewing.
The same fear of going to the
dentist engulfs the non-born again Christians. Jesus to them may be someone to
be feared because He said He would punish all sinners. They forget that He is a
compassionate God who was willing to die on the cross for all mankind.
Jesus may be a hater of evil and
sin but He is just enough to forgive us when we repent.
If only one could take the step
of faith, (like I when going to the dentist), then the outcome will be smiles,
all smiles and the longing to even go back to Him every now and then.
No matter how decayed out teeth
are, the dentists can always work on them and we can smile again. The same case
applies to Jesus and our sins. No matter how dark the sins maybe, He promises
us that when we go to Him, He will make us as white as snow.
We just need to over come the
fear that is preventing us from repenting and run to Jesus. He will make us a
new and we can always thank Him for doing just that. No matter who you are,
what you do or your background, Jesus is calling you today to repent. He shall
wash you clean with the blood that He poured while He was here on earth. After
all the reason he poured that blood is just so that your sins can be cleansed
and you are assured of an eternal life with Him in Heaven.
Jesus is calling you today, Come
to Him. ‘Fear not’ is written 365 times in the Bible. So every single day, DO
NOT FEAR!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment