It has a record of the things that happened, happens and will happen in the future. It unites all the Christians in the world regardless of their denomination. It is meant to bring peace, prosperity, joy and above all, everlasting life to everyone who reads it.
The messages in it speak to a person just like when two people are having a conversation. Ever since my early childhood, from the time I learnt ABCD and the vowels, I was taught how to read, not just this book but also one that assures me of an everlasting life.
I must say that I have learnt to read the Bible every single day of my life. It comes in different versions but the message is always the same. At times I feel tired after a hard day work but I still manage to read at least a verse.
Reading the Bible is growing, but the reverse is also true. I am assured of growing spiritually every single day that I read a chapter or two. This means if I read a verse today and another one tomorrow, I will not be the same as yesterday. The very first verse every child learns is in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.” Isn’t that enough reason to be born again and live our lives in a way that pleases God? Through Christ, we are assured of an everlasting life.
The Bible has been in existence from time in memorial. That is why it has the record of the creation story. It still is in existence and I am sure it will always be. All things may perish, but the word of God will remain forever and ever amen.
The Bible speaks to every situation in our lives. Whenever we are going through the valley of the shadow of death, God promises us through His word that He will be our shepherd. He will never leave us nor forsake us. When we are happy, God encourages us to rejoice always. In times of sorrow, He tells us in Ecclesiastes 3 that there is a time for everything.
If we honestly want to be like Christ in our attitudes, actions and reactions, we must look into God’s mirror, the Bible, regularly. But let us not kid ourselves; just looking is not enough. God’s word will transform us only if we obey it. The Bible speaks volumes and the messages maybe just what you needed. The Bible maybe old, but the truths in it are always new. To me, the Bible is the best constitution in the world. It originates from God, who backs it up with justice, His concern for all His people and His sovereignty. We must be diligent in our Bible study (2 Timothy 2:15). It’s the only book that tells the truth about the truth. Study God’s written word to know Christ, the living word. God’s truth can have an impact on us and in the people with whom we interact.
Whenever we open the Bible each day, we should pray not only for the illumination to understand it but also for a willingness to obey it. Hearing and doing must go hand in hand (James 1:22). The spirit of God enables us to obey the word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16, all scripture is inspired by God. We have complete confidence in what it says.
Have you read your Bible today?
No comments:
Post a Comment